“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” — Alexander Graham Bell
1. They are tools of fate forcing you to change your direction and find other doors. It’s the hands of God guiding you to another direction that’s better for you.
2. They teach you how to let go and accept that certain things might be taken away from you no matter how much you wanted them and there will be nothing you can do about it.
3. They teach you that banging on closed doors and knocking on them will not open them and will only hurt your hands.
4. They humble you because they make you realize that no matter how old you are, you still don’t know what’s best for you.
5. They give you peace of mind because you begin to understand that you cannot go back and force things to be as they once were.
6. They remind you of the other closed doors that led to nowhere; how you finally realized that they closed for a reason and how thankful you are now that they have closed.
7. They force you to step out of your comfort zone and try all your keys on different doors until one of them opens.
8. They teach you how to walk away when you discover that you deserve so much more than staring at a closed door.
9. They give you a chance to move forward when you refuse to. They’re powerful reminders of how life works sometimes; it could close doors you wanted to keep open and open doors you wanted to close. You will learn that doors don’t care about what you want.
10. They will teach you that some doors hide a lot of dark secrets behind them; secrets that could’ve destroyed you if you kept them open. They are examples of how things can look pretty on the outside and ugly on the inside.
11. They show you what doors to avoid in the future and what doors to open wider.
12. They guide you to the right ones. The ones that will keep you safe and the ones that will not lock you out.
Leave a Reply