I am the 3rd child in a family of 7. Was born in Lagos state. I attended both primary and high school in Lagos state, and my university (UNIBEN) in Edo state.
2. How was life growing up?
Growing up was something!
I grew up in a 3 bedroom apartment that had a cacophony of people in it because my parents never turned a blind eye to a person in need.
You have accommodation problem, there’s always a couch/bed for you to sleep in.
No food, there is always a plate for you.
The pro of that was that I understood people’s suffering from a really young age and it taught me humility.
The con on the other hand is I am a very quiet/private person so the inability to quiet the noise and have an alone time irked me.
In all it helped shape me into who I am today: strong, grounded and disciplined.
Me: that’s so kind of you guys.. Both 😂😂😂
3. At what age in your life did you decide you wanted to go into modelling?
I decided to go into modeling when I was 17 years old.
4. How did you cope with running your daily activities and modelling?
I always say the best way to live is to make sure there is a sync or balance in the things you do. My daily activities and modeling is very much inter woven so there is never a clash.
5. Is being a supermodel a burden or a blessing or a bit of both?
It’s been an absolute blessing. I’ve met amazing people, achieve feats that were just imaginations before now and also been able to give me financial freedom.
6. What’s the weirdest thing your fans has ever told you?
“You are my role model” it was overwhelmingly but highly flattering/appreciated. It was like a bitter sweet feeling because here I am trying to constantly improve myself and with that comes self criticism so it was absolutely amazing to hear that someone appreciate the work I am doing.
7. Your self confident is so bold, do you sometimes have the fear of the unknown?
Absolutely! I believe a person without is a person without dreams. Confidence/courage isn’t the lack of fear but the ability to look at your fear and with a sweating palm/racing heart hold on to it so tight that even the universe will help you make those dreams come true!
8. Which other professional are you looking to work with or have something coming out with?
Fashion designing, animation, interior design and architecture.
9. If you had a chance to work with one person in the world, who would it be?
This is difficult question to answer as I have a long list of people I would love to work with in every field I am interested in. It ranges from Namoi Campbell, Coco Rocha, Edward Enninful, Karl Lagerfeld, rElon musk, Richard Branson, Meryl Streep, Mia jocovich, Emma Stone, Johnny Deep, Chimamanda Adiche and much more.
10. What are your top 3 points in your note or pad that you always reflect on?
Is it weird to say I don’t have a go to note pad cos I actually don’t.
11. You were MBGN 2012 runner up and also West Africa Beauty Queen runner up. How has life treated you after the beauty pageant?
Beauty pageantry was a beautiful stepping stone for me. It help me dream even more, made me push more and it has help me drive myself in the direction I currently am right now.
12. What advice would you give to aspiring young models?
Things are not going to be given to you, you have to work for it. Show up for your casting, be prompt and have a “can do” energy. A lot of no’s might be thrown at you but shake it of, keep pushing and give them a reason to say yes. Believe me when I say it’s quite worth it.
13. Please advice the unmotivated and non inspired people around the world today on why they shouldn’t give up but keep trying. Please explain???
Life is tough, I truly do understand that but putting too much thoughts to your problems won’t solve it. So just like a tough exam in school, solve the easy problems: that would give you an energy/mental boost. That way you have a few more things to be grateful for and helps you look at the tougher problems with more of a positive light. Don’t rush but also dont be lazy, a steady pace will keep you balanced and help you enjoy the small miracles on your way to your big picture.
14. What’s next for Joyce?
I am busy dreaming with my eyes wide open.
We all from Motivated and Free Blog appreciate you for sparing us a bit of your time because we know you are a very busy lady. We wish you the best in all your endeavours.