This is the last list from my series on how to be a better person. Hope you have learnt one or two things from this short series. Well I have and can’t wait to share the rest.
61. Remind yourself that pain is temporary. Repeat the mantra when you are doing #60.
62. Learn how to greet someone in Japanese, in manner and in language.
63. Go out of your way for your customers and your clients . Do it because you care not because they pay you.
64. Create your own product. It can be anything but create something that is your very own and then sell it.
65. Learn how to sell. And sell only what you would buy yourself.
66. Write everyday . It’s the essence of all wealth, the necessity of all success, and it will make you happy and rich.
67. Think about what you eat and choose with intention and with smarts.
68. Travel to a far, exotic, foreign country at least once.
69. Stop using your kids or your marriage or life’s problems as an excuse that “keeps you from being happy” . That’s garbage.
You are the only person that decides your happiness. As Tolstoy said so brilliantly, “If you want be happy, then be.”
70. Associate with people that are smarter, more successful, happier and kind enough to let you in their circle.
71. Get out of the naysayer, negative, jaded social circles first. It’s time to let go!
72. Visit the Pacific ocean. I don’t know how it does it but it makes you a better person.
73. If you don’t mean something, don’t say it. If you can’t help it, then don’t put yourself in situations that make you say it.
74. Stop lying to yourself. You know deep down when you do it. You can fool anyone but yourself. Choose honesty.
75. Believe in someone who doesn’t have
confidence in herself or himself. Sometimes, it changes their life to have someone believe in them.
76. Listen to uplifting, positive information that pushes you to take action with your life. Podcasts abound. Turn off the news.
77. Sell your TV or trade it in for books.
78. Spend a few minutes studying gorillas. They are so like us, it’s like looking into a mirror and seeing a reflection of yourself. Learn from gorillas.
79. Go whale watching and get lost in the world of these gentle giants.
80. Climb one mountain, even if you are not fit and it’s not “your thing”. Something about climbing and looking down at how far you have come. Seriously.
81. Help someone who is in trouble. Just genuinely help.
82. Start a blog but only write about stuff you care about. Only!
83. Believe that there is enough – way more than enough – success to go around for all of us. This of course does not apply if you are in the corporate world. It’s quite limited. Only a few succeed.
There you have it. 83 ways to become a better person but there are more ways. What would you say is the 84th and beyond? Tell me in the comments!
The more credit goes to P. Life..
Leave a Reply